Friday, June 11, 2010

Training Continues....

Well we all had a wonderful weekend with Justin. I'm so amazed at how much he has changed. Maddie and Lindsleigh enjoyed every minute they had with Uncle Justin. Maddie got her an army costume just like her Uncle and she told me in the store "Aunt Kylie, now that me and Uncle Justin have the same Army costume that means that we are bestest friends forever" talk about holding back tears. Lindsleigh crawled up on the couch with us and tried to push me off...of course she was grinning the whole time..lol..Sarah says it was destiny that she became my niece I probably would have done the same thing. Taking him back was so hard, but the countdown continues only 28 days until graduation.

The good news: Thursday prior to our visit Justin was offered an Airbourne/Ranger contract. This is what he had wanted to do when he enlisted so looks like things are falling into place. What this means for us is, after graduation he will continue with 11 weeks of training at Ft. Benning. Twenty-one days he will be in Airbourne Training then the remaining 9 weeks will be Ranger Training. If he passes the Ranger training course then he will go on to school. I get to have him close to home for a little longer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment