Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Months worth of updates...i've been slacking


Well it's been just over 2 months now since Justin left and alot has changed. I knew going in to this our lives would definitely change and alot of adjustments would be made. My thoughts were eventually...not that things wouldn't change but the adjustment part. You see Justin and I had only been married for 8 months when he left. So when we talked about him joining the Army we had a plan (i'm very much a planner) I've always been very independent and not overly emotional so I figured that 14weeks of training would be a cake-walk, not that I wouldn't miss him I knew I would just thought I would be fine. Oh was I wrong, I became an emotional basketcase didn't know I had that in me. I'm doing alot better now, i'm very blessed to have an amazing family and friends who have been the best support and love while my husband is gone. Now about Justin :)

First he has lost 30 lbs (trust me I was in shock the first pic I got of him) I certainly know he has a deeper sense of appreciation for small things. Finally he's found a career. Justin has been in some type of leadership position throughout training and according to his Drill Sgt is doing a phenominal job. His platoon is ahead of the others in the Company and have won the most competitions. They are close to completing the 3rd phase (Blue phase) of training and will have 2 more to go before graduation. Then on to the next installment. I've been getting phone calls every weekend for the past 4 weeks which I love and look forward to all week long. This next weekend June 4-5 Me, Justin's Parents (Pam & Randall) his Sis (Sarah and her girls Maddie,4 & Lindsleigh, 17mos) are all going to see him for a 36hr Family pass we are all so excited. Hopefully depending on where he is stationed after his graduation he may be able to come home for 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment