Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Finally a Letter....

Typically Monday's are not the best day of the week but this one was...I checked the mail when I got home as has become my normal routine, half expecting to be again disappointed but this day was different the only thing I could see was Justin's handwriting on the envelope.

He writes that he is doing very well, he's managed to stay under the radar and not get into any trouble. He was very excited to get all of my letters which he got all at one time, so I assume that they are holding mail. They have been working very long days usually 20 hrs and sleep about 3 or 4 per day. He said that sleep is the only thing of value that they have at this time. He said that he misses everyone and will write again as soon as he can.

Everything that i've read this 1st phase of training is the most demanding on a soldier in every aspect, but the good news is that this is his last week of Red Phase and the next Phase (White Phase) which is still army bootcamp but I read is for the "Rambo's" so should be more fun and I use that word loosely. As they progress through each Phase soldiers are give more freedom to think and do individually or within their team instead of being instructed how to think and what to do. One Phase down and Four to go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment